5 Ways To Tell If A Breast Implant Is Leaking
Breast implant leakage is a common problem that breast implant patients face. It can be difficult to tell if your implant is leaking, and there are a few signs you should watch for. In this article, we will provide you with five ways to tell if your breast implant is leaking and what you should do if you notice them.
How to Tell if a Breast Implant is Leaking
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may be time to get a second opinion on your breast implant: a persistent increase in pain or discomfort, leaking or drainage from the implant, redness or swelling around the implant, and/or difficulty breathing. A third party can assess whether your implants are leaking and recommend corrective action.
To determine if your breast implant is leaking, take these steps:
1) Place a finger directly over the implant (or two fingers if you have larger implants) and feel for any liquid or gel seeping out. If there is leakage, it will usually be clear or slightly yellowish in color.
2) If you are having difficulty examining the area around the implant, try placing a clean cloth over the area. If there is still leakage after using either of these techniques, then you should go see your doctor for further evaluation.
Why Do Breast Implants Leak?
Breast implants can leak because of a number of reasons, including infection, over-implants, and rupture. If you are noticing a strong odor coming from your implant, or if the implant feels wet or slippery to the touch, it is likely that the implant is leaking. If there is any indication that your implant is leaking, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Signs of a Leaking Breast Implant
There are a few signs that might indicate that your breast implant is leaking. If you experience any of the following, it’s important to contact your doctor right away:
• You notice a wet or sticky feeling under your shirt or bra.
• You have unusual discharge from the implant – either in amounts, color, or shape.
• The implant feels uncomfortable and like it’s leaking even when there’s no visible leak.
If you experience one or more of these signs, it’s important to schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to take a closer look at your breast implant and determine if it’s causing any problems.
How to Fix a Leaking Breast Implant
If you have a leaking breast implant, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the issue. First, make sure that the implant is properly seated in your chest. If it is not, you may need to have it replaced. Second, check for any signs of overflow or leakage from the implant. This could include excessive sweating, chills, lightheadedness, or a sore throat. If you notice any of these symptoms, it is best to go see a doctor immediately. Finally, if all else fails and the leak continues unabated, you may need to have the implant replaced altogether.