Shipping a car using a container is a daunting task, but it’s one that must be done if you want your vehicle to arrive in perfect condition. And to make sure that everything goes smoothly, you need to be well-informed about the process.
In this blog post, we’ll explain everything you need to know about shipping a car in a container, from placement into the container to unloading and driving away. We hope this guide will help make the shipping process as smooth as possible for you!
Vehicle Continer Placement And Unloading Process:
The containerized shipping process is divided into four phases: pickup, loading, transportation, and unloading.
- Pickup: The pickup phase involves picking up the vehicle from the pickup point and taking it to the transport carrier (truck, ship, plane, train, etc.). Once the vehicle reaches there, it is then loaded into the container.
- Loading: The loading can be done in three ways, driving the vehicle on the ramp and into the container, using hydraulic gates to load the vehicle, or using a forklift to move nonoperational vehicles into the container.
- Transport: In the transportation phase, trucks, ships, planes, or trains carrying vehicles move them to their final destination within a particular area, such as the destination port, railway station, airport, or company’s terminal.
- Unloading phase – Once the vehicle reaches the terminal or port of the car shipping company, the MLP (mobile loading platform) carries vehicles to the appropriate section of the port, airport, railway station, etc., where they will be unloaded onto trucks for transport to their final destinations such as commercial centers, residential areas, etc., finally arriving at their customer’s doorstep.
Is my car secured during transportation?
Shipping your automobile in a container is a popular and secure transport method. It’s important to note that the car is secured through straps and chain transportation, so it doesn’t get damaged.
The container has foam insulation and metal hoops around the edges, which protect the car from hitting any bumps on the way.
Things to Check before loading a car into a container
Shipping a car in a container can be daunting, but it’s essential for the safety of both the car and the driver. Before loading, be sure to remember these essential tips:
– Make sure all of your belongings are packed in boxes and bags
– Double-check that all car doors and windows are closed
– Remember, do not overfill the container – containers can hold a maximum weight of 25000kg for 20ft container and 28,000kg for 40ft container
– Locate the vehicle’s registration number and refer to the bill of lading to ensure the vehicle is loaded onto the right container
How many vehicles can be loaded in a container?
It is important to know that the weight of the vehicle and its dimensions are considered when determining how many can fit in a container.
So, if you’re shipping a large truck or SUV, a 40ft container may fit 2 of them while it can fit 4 standard sedans. A 20ft container may accommodate 1 large vehicle or 2 standard sedans.
Shipping a car in a container is a complex and time-consuming process that requires careful planning and execution.
By reading this comprehensive guide, you will be able to understand everything from the placement of a vehicle into a container to the loading and unloading process.
Make sure to bookmark this page and return to it later to learn all the details you need about shipping a car in a container!
For More Information About Import Car From Canada To US